IMPOSSIBREW Co. was created to offer a unique, yet familiar drinking experience for those choosing not to drink.
Nootropics are a family of active ingredients and botanicals known for their positive mental effects.
The most common nootropic is Caffeine in Coffee.
Used by ancient Japanese monks as noted in the Kissa Yojoki, L-Theanine is natural relaxant found in the highest concentrations of Green Tea (Camellia sinensis).
The unique amino acid is known to promote relaxation and stress-relief without drowsiness. By boosting alpha brainwaves, it inhibits stress hormones and induces a calm mental state.*
One of the most powerful natural anxiety-reducing ingredients found in specific Hops (Humulus Lupulus).
This naturally active ingredient known to demonstrate sedative and anxiolytic effects. Contributes also to taste and flavour.*
These naturally active botanicals and herbs are known for their potent effects thousands of years ago.
All our active ingredients work harmoniously together to provide a unique, yet familiar experience.
Our Formula is based on peer reviewed, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled clinical trials and studies.
Working with the brightest minds in phytochemistry, including Dr Paul Chazot from Durham University, known for advances in Bioscience, Health and Wellbeing.
Mark self-experimented with the formula for more than 950 days - and he still does today.
1. Unno K, Tanida N, Ishii N, et al. Anti-stress effect of theanine on students during pharmacy practice: positive correlation among salivary α-amylase activity, trait anxiety and subjective stress. Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior. 2013;111:128-135. doi:10.1016/j.pbb.2013.09.004
2. Higashiyama A, Htay HH, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Kapoor MP. Effects of l-theanine on attention and reaction time response. Journal of Functional Foods. 2011;3(3):171-178. doi:10.1016/j.jff.2011.03.009
3. Gomez-Ramirez M, Kelly SP, Montesi JL, Foxe JJ. The effects of L-theanine on alpha-band oscillatory brain activity during a visuo-spatial attention task. Brain Topography. 2009;22(1):44-51. doi:10.1007/s10548-008-0068-z
4. Kobayashi K, Nagato Y, Aoi N, et al. Effects of L-Theanine on the Release of .ALPHA.-Brain Waves in Human Volunteers. Journal of the agricultural chemical society of Japan. 1998;72(2):153-157. doi:10.1271/nogeikagaku1924.72.153
5. Rogers PJ, Smith JE, Heatherley SV, Pleydell-Pearce CW. Time for tea: mood, blood pressure and cognitive performance effects of caffeine and theanine administered alone and together. Psychopharmacology. 2007;195(4):569-577. doi:10.1007/s00213-007-0938-1
6. Vuong QV, Bowyer MC, Roach PD. L-Theanine: properties, synthesis and isolation from tea. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 2011;91(11):1931-1939. doi:10.1002/jsfa.4373
7. Kimura K, Ozeki M, Juneja LR, Ohira H. l-Theanine reduces psychological and physiological stress responses. Biological Psychology. 2007;74(1):39-45. doi:10.1016/j.biopsycho.2006.06.006
8. Mason R. L-Theanine Boosts Alpha Waves, Promotes Alert Relaxation. Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 2001;7(2):91-95. doi:10.1089/10762800151125092
9. Juneja L. L-theanine—a unique amino acid of green tea and its relaxation effect in humans. Trends in Food Science & Technology. 1999;10(6-7):199-204. doi:10.1016/s0924-2244(99)00044-8
10. Kyrou I, Christou A, Panagiotakos D, et al. Effects of a hops (Humulus lupulus L.) dry extract supplement on self-reported depression, anxiety and stress levels in apparently healthy young adults: a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, crossover pilot study. HORMONES (Athens). 2017;():171-180. doi:10.14310/horm.2002.1738
11. Zanoli P, Rivasi M, Zavatti M, Brusiani F, Baraldi M. New insight in the neuropharmacological activity of Humulus lupulus L. Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 2005;102(1):102-106. doi:10.1016/j.jep.2005.05.040
12. Shishehgar R, Rezaie A, Nazeri M. Study of Sedation, Pre-Anesthetic and Anti-Anxiety Effects of Hop (Humulus lupulus L.) Extract Compared with Diazepam. Journal of Animal and Veterinary Advances. Published online 2012.
13. Franco L, Bravo R, Galán C, Rodríguez AB, Barriga C, Cubero J. Effect of non-alcoholic beer on Subjective Sleep Quality in a university stressed population. Acta Physiologica Hungarica. 2014;101(3):353-361. doi:10.1556/APhysiol.101.2014.3.10
14. Cooper R. Green tea and theanine: health benefits. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2011;63(sup1):90-97. doi:10.3109/09637486.2011.629180
15. KIMURA R, MURATA T. Influence of Alkylamides of Glutamic Acid and Related Compounds on the Central Nervous System. I. Central Depressant Effect of Theanine. Chemical & Pharmaceutical Bulletin. 1971;19(6):1257-1261. doi:10.1248/cpb.19.1257
*None of these are medicinal or health claims. We do not claim to treat, diagnose or cure any diseases. All statements are reflective of the objective findings in various clinical studies.