Do You Sometimes Wish You Could Get Drunk Without Drinking Alcohol?
Believe it or not, there are functional drinks out there that can help you feel buzzed without having a single sip of liquor. These drinks are perfect for people who want to have a good time but don't want to risk getting drunk. In this blog post, we will discuss some of non-alcoholic drinks that give you a buzz, analysing what works and what doesn't, along with recommendations. So pour yourself a glass and let's get started!
So What Are Functional Drinks?
Functional drinks are beverages that have been enhanced with nootropics, adaptogens, vitamins, minerals, or other nutrients. They are designed to provide people with specific benefits beyond hydration. In addition to being healthy, functional drinks can also be quite tasty. There are many different types of functional drinks on the market, but in this blog post we will focus on non-alcoholic ones that can help you feel buzzed.
Familiar Functional Drinks (That Don't Give You A Buzz)
But first, let's check out the most common, familiar functional drinks. Here are some existing functional drinks that claim to provide some sort of benefit.
- Herbal Teas / CBD Drinks: Herbal teas are sometimes used as a replacement without drinking alcohol. Some herbal teas, such as chamomile tea, have mild sedative effects that can help you relax and de-stress. However, the problem is that the experience from most of these teas tend to be very subjective and weak.
- Caffeinated Energy Drinks: Caffeinated energy drinks are some of the most popular functional drinks on the market. They are packed with caffeine and other stimulants, which can give you a quick buzz. However, it's not specifically an 'alcohol-like' buzz, and it isn't helpful if you want to wind down and sleep afterwards. We don't recommend drinking anything with caffeine after 6pm as it may disrupt sleep quality.
- Kombucha: Kombucha is a type of fermented tea that has become increasingly popular in recent years. It is packed with probiotics and other healthy bacteria, which can help improve gut health. Kombucha also contains caffeine and B-vitamins, but it doesn't give you a buzz or anything like that.
- Energy Shots: Energy shots are another new type of functional drink. They are essentially small, concentrated versions of traditional energy drink and contains caffeine and other stimulants.
While these drinks provide some sort of functional benefit, the main issue is that they aren't very potent. Besides caffeine, most of the effects from these drinks are often unnoticeable and hard to quantify.
How About Non-Alcoholic Beer? It Finally Tastes Like Alcohol But Will It Give Me A Buzz?
If you're looking for an alcohol alternative that taste like alcohol, then you could give non-alcoholic beer a try. Most non-alcoholic beer is made with the same ingredients as regular beer, but the alcohol has been removed. This means that you still get to enjoy all of the flavour and body of a traditional beer, but without any of the negative side effects associated with alcohol. Since alcohol removal techniques are often associated with harsh flavours, higher quality alcohol-free beers, they are naturally brewed to <0.5% ABV. In fact, many people find that naturally-brewed non-alcoholic beer can even taste better than regular beer!
There are lots of different brands of non-alcoholic beer on the market these days, so it's easy to find one that suits your taste preference. We recommend trying out a few different varieties until you find one that you really like.
Unfortunately, these non-alcoholic beers is designed to not give you a buzz. The alcohol has been removed for safety reasons, so you will not feel the same effects as you would if you were drinking regular beer.
Thankfully, there are non-alcoholic beers on the market that will give you a buzz similar to alcohol - they're called functional or 'mood-enhancing' beers.
Here Is Something That Not Only Tastes Like Alcohol, But Will Give You A Buzz - Functional Beer.
What Are Functional Beers?
Functional beers are a type of non-alcoholic beer that have been fortified with nootropics, adaptogens and minerals. The main difference between these and functional drinks is that functional beers resemble the taste of beer. They are designed to provide mood-enhancing benefits beyond hydration. In addition to being healthy, functional beers can also be quite tasty. One such mood-enhancing beer is IMPOSSIBREW Lager.
IMPOSSIBREW® makes functional non-alcoholic beers specifically to emulate the relaxing sensations of alcohol, without the hangovers.
How Do Functional Beers Work?
Mood-enhancing or functional beers work by using nootropics and adaptogens as ingredients. Nootropics are natural supplements that offer cognitive effects, while adaptogens are herbs that help the body deal with stress. By fortifying their beers with these ingredients, functional beer makers like IMPOSSIBREW are able to create a product that gives you the same buzz as alcohol, without any of the negative side effects.
IMPOSSIBREW®'s Enhanced beers use a combination of nootropics and adaptogens to help achieve this goal. These include ingredients such as:
- L-Theanine: An amino acid that helps to promote relaxation and reduce stress. Initially discovered in Green Tea, it is the reason why Green Tea doesn't have the same 'jittery' feeling that coffee has. L-Theanine interacts with the GABA receptors in the brain, which is the same centre that gets triggered when you drink alcohol. By promoting alpha brainwaves, it induces a sense of calm and relaxation what is unrivalled by most other nootropics.
- 5-HTP: A compound that is derived from the amino acid tryptophan and is known to help with relaxation and anxiety. As a precursor of Serotonin, the 'happy hormone' of the brain, 5-HTP is known to provide mood-boosting benefits along with sounder sleep.
- Lemon Balm: An adaptogen that is often used in traditional Indian medicine to help people deal with stress. It has been shown to have a positive effect on the body's response to stress, helping to improve cognitive function and memory while reducing anxiety levels.
By using a combination of these ingredients, IMPOSSIBREW® is able to create a non-alcoholic beer that not only tastes great, but also provides you with some of the benefits associated with alcohol. If you're looking for an alcohol alternative that both taste and feel like alcohol, give it a try.
So there you have it - non-alcoholic beers that give you a buzz. Functional beers are a great way to enjoy the taste of beer without any of the negative side effects associated with alcohol. In addition, they also offer a similar buzz to alcohol thanks to their use of nootropics and adaptogens. If you're looking for an alternative to alcohol that both tastes and feels like the real thing, functional beers are definitely worth checking out.