Introduction - Relax Type
“Every now and then go away, have a little relaxation, for when you come back to your work your judgement will be surer.”
If you're wondering what all this is about, take the FREE 4-Drinker Personality Test yourself below. We recommend taking the test first before checking out the report for the most accurate results.
For those with a Relax Type Drinker Personality, the main reason for an occasional tipple is to relax and take the edge off.
So what does it mean to be a Relax Drinker Type? What are the characteristics of one and is it better or worse than other types? What are the strengths and weaknesses associated with this type? Here's everything you need to know.
- Relaxation and Mental Wellbeing takes priority.
- With a tendency to be extremely high-functioning during the day, they often find it difficult to switch off when it's time to rest and recharge.
- They tend to enjoy a drink for the purposes to relax and take the edge off from the stressors of the day.
- Productivity Driven. Being both diligent and conscientious, they are often high-achievers focused on their career. They amp up from 0-100 the moment they start working - productivity monsters.
- Functionality Focused. For Relax Types, they often see the value in something based on its functionality. Asking questions like "What does this do for me?". When it comes to drinks, it is to fulfil the function of stress-relief and relaxation, rather than simply drinking for its own sake.
- Difficulty Winding Down. Similar to those with a Sleep Type Drink Personality, they often find it difficult to unwind after an intense work day. Even though it's time to switch off and recharge for their body, their mind is still running at full speed.
- Often Stressed. While this doesn't apply to everyone, but for those who do, the effects of stress can be felt more acutely with this Personality Type. The desire to unwind may lead some to associate having a drink to a relaxing sensation. While this helps with temporary relief, the rebound the next day often causes more stress!
Alternative Ways To Relax:
- Be active. While exercise don't suddenly make your stress disappear, but will help with tuning down some of the emotional intensity that comes with it.
- Meditate. Meditation is often referred to as working out for your mind. Even just taking a minute or two out of your day for a deep breath, the benefits will compound.
- Avoid drinking just for relaxation. While alcohol can temporary relax you and calm your nerves, relying on it won't help in the long run, they won't make the problems disappear. You'll need to tackle the source of your stress. Alcohol-free options are great if you want to be reminded of the taste.
- Enhanced Alternatives. An upgrade you can go for are Enhanced Beers, these are non-alcoholic beers that are brewed with naturally relaxing botanicals for a soothing buzz - so you can enjoy all you like about your favourite drink, without the consequences.
- Work smarter, not harder. One way to relax, is actually to feel more control over your work life. Those with a Relax Type Drinker Personality tend obsess over details and strive for perfection. Though that is sometime good, working smarter means prioritising your work, concentrating on tasks that will make a real difference. Focus on the most important work first in the morning.
What if you can still drink and relax, without consequences?